Alexis Winslow lives in Brooklyn, NY and works as a printed textile designer for children’s bedding. Besides an almost all encompassing obsession with knitting, she’s also an artist and a seamstress. You can see more of her work at www.alexiswinslow.com.
Alexis’s designs have been published in print magazines including Interweave Knits and Knitscene as well as on the web through Brooklyn Tweed Yarn Company and Knit Picks Yarn Company. Look for her work in several upcoming books, including her first full length book with Interweave Press slated to come out in Fall 2014.
INTERVIEWS AND ARTICLES
- Norman Transcript: “Just a Small Town Girl…”, December 16, 2011
- Knitscene Magazine: winter 2011, “The Next Big Thing” profile and design collection
- Fiberstory.tv Video Interview
- Interrobang’s “Knitters You Should Know” interview series.
- Worsted-Knitt.net’s Designer of the Month Interview series
- University of Oklahoma School of Art: Featured Alumni, Spring 2011 Semester
- Norman Transcript: “Designer with Local Roots Going Global” by Doug Hill, January 9, 2011.
- Knitscene Magazine | Accessories 2013, Cimarron Shawl
- Brooklyn Tweed | Wool People 3: Reine Cardigan
- Knitscene Magazine | Accessories 2012, Gods Eye Mitts, p. 75, 132-36
- Brooklyn Tweed | Wool People 2: Arrowhead Mittens
- Interweave Knits | Accessories 2011, Juris Convertible Mittens p. 122, 123, 126, 127; and Tilt Cowl p. 82, 91.
- Knitscene Magazine | Winter 2011, “The Next Big Thing” profile and design collection, Zelda Cloche, Canyon Mitts, Vera Cardigan, Nora Dress; Cover, p. 23, 16-19, 54-61.
- Interweave Knits | Holiday Gifts 2011, Chivalry Mitts p. 38, 39, 48, 49.
- Brooklyn Tweed | Wool People 1: Vega Beret
- Knitscene | Fall 2011, East Hale Cardigan p. 26, 27, 65, 66)
- Knitscene | Summer 2011, Figurehead Shawl, p. 46, 47, 88, 89.
BOOKS AND EBOOKS
- (forthcoming) Graphic Knits by Alexis Winslow (Interweave Press 2014)
- (forthcoming) Scarf Style 2 by Ann Budd (Interweave Press 2014)
- Free Spirit Shawls by Lisa Shroyer (Interweave Press 2013)
- Winsome Knits by Alexis Winslow (Knitpicks, 2013): Collection featuring 6 original designs: Printed book and ebook.
- Stranded Gifts to Give (Interweave Knits Ebook, 2012): Chivalry Mitts; Cover, p. 2, 17